Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

Morning Report, August 19, 2023

This being Montana, the weather upended overnight. Following three days of triple-digit heat, I woke up to temperatures in the 50s and an expected high in the 70s. In deeply personal news, I am at the end of 5 days fighting Covid. The second day proved miserable. My body felt like a giant toothache, and I didn’t have the strength to stand upright.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma, an 11-year-old boy caught a pacu fish. Pacu fish are native to South America and are weird. They have human-like teeth. In my way of thinking, the teeth are especially human-like because they could use a good cleaning. I have shared a photo of a pacu fish.

I may have found the rightful home for the stray cat through Facebook (and will know a bit later today).  Finally, last night we had one of those lovely, calm, and colorful sunsets that makes you want to kiss someone you love just a bit longer.


A Pacu Fish (Photo: NPR)

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment