Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Growth (Lemon Tree Update)

If I can trust the information that dislodges and floats up as I kick at the internet, a young lemon tree growing in ideal conditions will undergo growth spurts on a 4-to-6-week cycle.

I have a lemon tree. Mine is stuck in a sunroom in Montana, which provides stable temperatures but may not be optimum in other regards, so its growth sessions stretch a bit beyond 6 weeks. That said, the lemon tree fired off new shoots about a week ago. In that short span of time, one branch has extended about 4 inches of new growth.

I’m impressed with that kind of work.

Some of my interweb research suggests that I may see lemons after only 2 years. That would make me happy, but I’m willing to hang on no matter how long it takes. I have shared a photograph of the new lemon tree growth alongside a Cold Smoke Beer (for some sense of scale).


New Lemon Tree Growth

—Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment