Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, September 21, 2023

Ceiling Report, September 20, 2023

After taking considerable time off on my master bedroom ceiling project, I threw a shift of work into the cove lighting yesterday. Actually, a good stretch of the time off was consumed by my search for a proper lighting source. I desired something simple: an LED source, but not LEDs powered by a fancy driver offering multi-colors and requiring a proprietary controller. An unpretentious string of bright LEDs would do. I also wanted a 5000 Kelvin (cool white) light output. After considerable searching, I found a 70-foot, 120-volt, flexible string that met all my requirements, including a requirement that I could cut the string to a length matching my cove.

Yesterday, I unfurled the string and fired it up to make sure the entire length functioned properly. Satisfied with the results of that, I stuffed the string up inside the cove and then tested it one more time. I am sharing two smartphone pictures I captured while working on the lights.

Testing the String

LED String Stuffed in the Cove

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment