Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Smooth White Stones

Within a few weeks of arriving here in Montana, Desiree began collecting smooth white stones as we walked the rock-strewn shoulders of diluvia near my house. The stones were swept here to my corner of the valley by great flooding at the end of the last ice age, some 10 thousand years ago. The white stones definitely stand out in the landscape, and Desiree gathered them with appropriate enthusiasm, which impressed me. Better yet, Desiree appreciates the white stones enough that she fashioned a small display of them on the sill of the window at our kitchen sink. I have been placing rocks on display in my personal spaces since I was a toddler. A girl willing to place rocks on the windowsill is obviously someone I needed to marry.

Desiree’s White Stones   

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment