Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Our Mountain Drive

Following a quick stop at the cabin, Desiree and I veered north into the high elevations above Lincoln, Montana. The roads there tend to twist back on themselves and throw you from side to side, but the views at some open turns are handsome enough that you need to stop and simply take them in.

I love Montana’s landscapes. My love runs deep for the high-bucking mountains, the long plains, and the rivers lashing through it all. “There is little I enjoy more than driving these mountain roads,” I told Desiree as we ascended a long incline dappled with shadow and light.

“I love it, too,” Desiree responded.

The thing is, my island girl meant it. Though she has been here for less than two years, the landscape has already grasped something deep within her. She captures images of each mountain range as we drive from place to place. Every wildflower within view is studied appropriately.

Today, I am sharing photographs I captured on our latest mountain drive.





Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment