Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Another Letter to X


Dear X,
I am sorry about the great ribbon of time between this letter and the last.  I have been busy with my work-life (as I once knew it) ending.  I would rather not explain that right now.  But I do need to tell you about the sun.
The sun, dear X, has found a new place just above me. 
Yesterday afternoon I went out to lay supine on the concrete of my drive so that the sunlight could press against me.  Ants doodled all around the concrete near me and a new kind of warm soaked right to my bones.  I heard a single robin “tuk-tuking” in the distance.
For a while, X, I had forgotten to be alive. 
After soaking in the sun for a while I stood up and then jumped a few times.  I did not have a reason to jump.  And I did not count how many times I jumped.
I just jumped because I was alive.
What more is there than that?
Your thoughts?
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment