Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

My friend, Kevin, is an Alien


My friend, Kevin, is an alien.  Well, his eyes are alien-looking at the very least.  Kevin recently underwent procedures to remove cataracts from his eyes.  At the same time, he had corrective lenses implanted in them.  The new lenses are like mini highway reflectors.  In certain light his eyes look totally alien.
Kevin stopped by my place last night for a visit.  A visit, by way of explanation (through bullet points) entails the following:

--Kevin drinks a lot of Red Stripe, Jamaican Style Lager beer.
--I drink a small glass of Balvenie Scotch followed by a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.
--We try to use a minimum of one curse word per sentence. Often, a sentence will consist of a single curse word.
--One or both of us will spill or break something. 
--We say something nice about women.
--We listen to bluegrass, rock and roll, and outlaw country.
--Kevin teases 20 or 40 pounds of cat, depending on his mood.
--Kevin drinks a lot more Red Stripe, Jamaican Style Lager beer.
Last night turned out a bit different.  Oh sure, we did all of the same stuff.  But Kevin’s eyes distracted me and threw me off my normal cursing mode just a little.   On occasion, if he turned his face to certain angles, his alien eyes made him look like a walleye fish.  “Those are some weird eyes, dude,” I kept telling him.
The photo I took of Kevin’s eyes does not really fully capture the walleye-effect.  But by the time I decided to take a picture, one of us was pretty deep into the Red Stripe and the light sources were fading.


--Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment