Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ugly Tall People


Having been an “un-tall” person for my whole life, I understand all that goes with that.   For example, I need a ladder when changing bulbs in the various light sources around my house.  I don’t know if the top of my refrigerator is dusty.  I cannot dunk a basketball.  My Christmas tree does not have an angel on top.
I have noticed, of course, that tall people stand-out in crowds.  An example of that is a really tall young man who works at the checkout line in one of our local grocery stores.  He catches my attention right away if he is working on the day I go shopping.  He stands out like a stalk of corn in a row of carrots.  I am guessing that he has compiled a list of advantages that he can attribute to his height.  Vanishing in a crowd is not one of them.
I suppose he has an angel on his Christmas tree.
But I have also noted this about tall people: ugly tall people are (because of their physical prominence) at least twenty percent uglier than standard-issue ugly people.  
We have that going for us.  
--Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. But as they say..."Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", I imagine "ugly" is also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Right you are. All in good fun on this one!

    ReplyDelete