Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, March 4, 2013

List of Places Where the Sun Projects Squares and Rectangles of Light Inside My House on Sunday Afternoons


·         One square across the entry throw where my cat, Carmel, sprawls to bath in the warmth.

·         A single rectangle at odds with the lines of the faux wood floor in the room where my wife faded away from me.

·         Another cast against the recliner where I sometimes sit simply to think.

·         Two squares in the den.

·         A trapezoid in the room where my daughter sobbed when boys broke her heart.

·         A square on each side of my bed.  One on the side where my feet find the floor each morning.  The other on the side now untouched.

·         The last square of light drowning in the pure white of the bathtub in my bathroom.   
--Mitchell Hegman 

No comments:

Post a Comment