Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hay, Not Just to Eat


Mule deer are jumpers at heart.  Even a yearling can clear a four or five foot fence with little effort.  When feeling threatened or even a little curious, mule deer will often bound to the top of the nearest point of elevation and look around. 
One evening, on my way home from Helena, I drove by a stack of hay bales and found the scene I captured in the photograph posted below.

--Mitchell Hegman

4 comments:

  1. Nice picture! But a photo like that should be bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...but my blog format is somewhat limiting. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot ! - The hay bales in Montana & other states were a new sight for me as I drove across country last summer - I should think you could crop & resize the picture if you want to make the deer stand out more :-)
    Still, I love the picture !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Pete. I thought about cropping...even tried to see what that might look like. Ultimately, I like picure better as posted.

    ReplyDelete