Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, April 21, 2023

Toilet Agreement

Every spring I have a portable toilet delivered to my lakefront.  The toilet is then used and maintained throughout the summer months.

Apparently, something revolutionary happened in toilet-world over the winter months and porta potties became a pretty big deal.  Given this, I was required this year to sign a three-page “agreement” prior to the delivery of my plastic toilet.   Within the document, I needed to place my initials alongside fourteen individual accords in addition to signing my name.

The days of transactions agreed upon with a simple handshake (after washing them) are no more.  And, weirdly enough, my marriage license required far less thought and engagement than my toilet agreement.

My Portable Toilet Agreement

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments:

  1. Have sent in your Report of Marriage to the San Francisco consulate? Many of the Philippine bureaucracies will not accept your US marriage license/certificate of marriage until you get a Report of Marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not done that. Hmmm. Must look into that!

      Delete