Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, April 10, 2023

Treetop Love

Apparently, love is in the air.  I am talking literally here.  While driving to town, a pair of ravens launched from a cottonwood tree in front of me.  The birds vaulted across the road and then, almost immediately, one of them landed at the very top of a pine tree.  The second bird then dropped directly onto the first one and the pair engaged in raucous sex right there in front of me.

That’s a first for me, but I must say, watching ravens do their business is not particularly satisfying.

On the less savage side, ravens are a generally monogamous.  Most pairs bond for life.   Additionally, both the male and female share in feeding their brood.  

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment