Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, April 7, 2023

Sending the Wrong Message

People can be strange.  Some people park sideways.  Some listen to awful music.  Others paint their houses the wrong color.

Just the same, overall, I like people.

Facebook is all about people and I have adopted what I would term as an “open” posture regarding friends on this platform.  I accept the friend requests from pretty much anyone with what appears to be a legitimate profile.

The other day, I accepted a friend request from a woman with no mutual friends and no other notable connection.  Not long after accepting her as a friend, she sent a couple greetings on Facebook messenger.

It was pretty obvious she was flirting with me.   With that in mind, I responded: “I am a happily married man and I don’t talk with other women because my wife is the best!!!

Sometime later she responded: “Are you stupid?”

After laughing so hard a nearly passed out, I answered: “Yes, I am.”

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment