Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, April 9, 2023

Shocking Blue (Something New)

I recently posted a blog about Shocking Blue, the famous rock group from the Netherlands.  Today we need to talk about another sort of shocking blue.

While poking around in a big box store, Desiree and I took a stroll through the large appliances just to see what refrigerators, washers, dryers, and ranges look like these days.

We found a lot of stainless steel and a lot of lofty prices.

The weirdest appliance turned out to be the last electric range we looked at – specifically the oven.

When you open the oven on a range you expect to see a couple silver racks and al lot gray.  That’s what ovens look like inside.  Not this oven.

When Desiree dropped opened the oven door, we were pretty much assaulted by the color blue.  I literally took a step back.  “Whoa,” I said, “I wasn’t expecting that!”

Desiree laughed.  “Me, either.”

“Is that color strange or is it good?” I asked her.

“I don’t know.”

“Well, we won’t be buying it to find out.”


The Shocking Blue Appliance   

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment