Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Pizza Toppings (Hold the Anchovies)

A dividing line has long existed in the world of pizza making.  That line is the point where a decision is made to top a pizza with pineapple. 

Way back in my high school days I worked at a pizza parlor that offered pineapple as a topping option.  I recall a few debates (sometimes grimaces) when a pizza with pineapple appeared on the order wheel.

I was neutral on pineapple but I was firmly opposed to anchovy pizza, which we also served.

Well, somewhere on my twisting journey to late adulthood, my taste in pizza topping sensibilities modified.  I drifted away from stock sausage and pepperoni pizza toppings and began to embrace more “exotic” things.

I am still a “no” to anchovies, but last night I ate a pizza topped with artichoke hearts.  In all, the pizza ingredients included artichoke hearts, pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and mozzarella cheese.

I am not sorry I did this.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment