Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Rocking After Midnight

I have had my share of strange dreams, but nothing compares to a set of recurring dreams I experienced the night before last.  I launched awake from the first dream a few minutes after midnight.  Within the dream, I was a member of the rock band Led Zeppelin.  I didn’t actually play music with the band but I was somehow important to them and we were discussing how some songs were to be performed live.

I drifted off to sleep and fluttered awake again at around two 2:00 am, pulled from a second Led Zeppelin dream.  In the this dream I and my bandmates we were sitting on a ridiculously tall sofa watching another band rock away on a distant stage.

Off to sleep again.

At 3:53 am I rolled awake for the last time.  Implausibly, I had arrived from a third dream of being part of Led Zeppelin.  Details were evasive this time, but I had been with the band again.

The afternoon before my Zeppelin dreams, I played their classic Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You twice in a row on my sound system.  On the second go, I cranked the volume up high enough to rattle my household dust bunnies a bit.  Either the song stuck with me or the dust bunnies tried to get even with me as I slept.

What might happen if I played Nilsson’s The Lottery Song on repeat?

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment