Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, December 2, 2021

4700 Pieces

My dining room table measures 48 x 70 inches.  That’s a good thing.  The jigsaw puzzle I am now working on measures 39 x 60 inches and is comprised of 4700 pieces.

The puzzle has a story.

My sister, Connie, started the puzzle something near a dozen years ago.  She worked on it only sporadically and never managed to finish piecing it together.  After Connie’s passing a couple years ago, I ended up with the puzzle.

I will admit, the puzzle intimidates me.  To date, I have never tackled a jigsaw puzzle with more than 1500 pieces.  But I am now ready to take a run at Connie’s puzzle.

This is an honest commitment.  I will be giving up my dining room table entirely until I finish.  I unboxed the pieces and dumped them on my table on the first of December but don’t anticipate finishing this year.   

I am presently sorting edge pieces and making piles according to color.  I will begin with the edge and then try assembling one color at a time.

The puzzle depicts paintings of birds.  That pleases me.  But I do have one worry.  Given the many years the puzzle “hung around” in an unfinished state, I worry about missing pieces.

A missing piece will devastate me.



The 4700-Piece Puzzle











Sorting Pieces

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment