Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Christmas Made Easy

While my little sister and I were texting the other day, she sent a half-dozen photographs of her Christmas decorations.  She and her husband festooned lights and baubles both inside and outside their house.   We are talking extensive stuff here: a herd of reindeer, a lightshow projecting against the house, lights in the shrubs, a fancy tree inside, a lighted Christmas village, and more.  “A lot of work!” she noted after the photographs.

“Wow!” I responded.

I reciprocated by sending her a photograph of my tree.

How long did it take you to decorate your tree?” she texted.

“I store it fully decorated,” I responded.  “Took me one minute.”

I was not kidding my sister.   I store my tree fully decorated in a closet.  When the Holiday Season rolls around, I drag the tree out and plunk it down on the fake mantel of my fake fireplace.

“There!” I announce.  “Merry Christmas, kids.”



My Christmas Tree

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment