Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, December 12, 2021

A Tale from Our Parallel Universe

Somehow, I ended up in our parallel universe.  You know what I am talking about—a world coexisting with us that is almost exactly like this one but with a few fundamental differences.

The parallel universe I entered into had one particularly bizarre difference from ours.

The difference has to do with socks 

In our universe, socks sometimes disappear in the clothes dryer.  For all I know, the missing socks could be crossing over into our parallel universe.  I don’t know the appropriate math for either proving or disproving this.

While I was caught up in the parallel universe, I washed and dried a batch of laundry.  When I pulled the pile of clothing out from the dryer, I found the strangest thing.  One pair of my socks had collected and folded themselves together while tumbling around inside the machine.  They were folded together in a fashion similar to what I do before stuffing them in my dresser.

I know for a fact the socks were in “singles mode” when I washed them because I removed a bur seedpod from one of them before washing.

Disappointingly, I soon discovered the rest of my house is just as messy in our parallel universe as it is in this one.



My Socks Fresh from the Dryer

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment