Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Mitch Meets a Chatbot

I have been reading a lot about ChatGPT, the artificial intelligence chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in last November.  Yesterday, I tried ChatGPT for myself.

Logging in for a chat is easy.  All you need to do is provide an email address, a name, and a cellphone number for second-level verification when you jump in.  Interacting with the bot is easy, you simply chat with it as you would a person.

I have read predictions that chatbot will quickly replace Google as the go-to place for information.  Having conducted several queries, I can see that.  Answers proved clear, concise, and filled with the detail I wanted.   You can also ask ChatGPT to write something for you.  Posted below is a blog I asked for:

My question to ChatGPT:

Can you write me a humorous 100-word blog explaining why the color blue is better than red?

ChatGPTs response (in less than thirty seconds):

Why is blue better than red, you ask? Well, let's think about it. Blue is the color of the sky, the ocean, and the best flavor of Gatorade. Red, on the other hand, is the color of angry faces, stop signs, and that weird cherry-flavored medicine your mom used to make you take. Plus, when was the last time you heard someone singing about how they're feeling so blue and depressed that they're seeing red? That's right, never. So, if you want to be on the winning team, go blue. We have cookies. And Gatorade.

Pretty good stuff for under thirty seconds. 

At the same time, chilling.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment