Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, March 10, 2023

Lemon Tree Update #2

In theory, spring is around the next corner.  I should say, more accurately, the calendar indicates we are moving in the direction of spring.  Unfortunately, Montana did not receive the memo about raising the daily temperatures appropriately.

We have been outright cold here.  Yesterday, for example, our temperatures landed something near 20 degrees colder than normal for the date.

Still, I have one ray of hope: my lemon tree.      

A month ago, I reported on the progress of the lemon tree Desiree started from seed last fall.  I am happy to announce that the tree is responding well to the additional light provided by our lengthening northern days.  It has nearly doubled in height since the first report.

I am (once again) posting a photograph of the tree alongside a Cold Smoke beer as a reference for size.  In a few years, I may be plucking fresh lemons from a tree right here in my own house.  If nothing else, I will enjoy a Cold Smoke each time I log a report.



My Lemon Tree

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment