Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Little Things

Little things bother me.

While flailing about on the internet, I chanced upon a perfect example of this in the form of an article about the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish seeking conservation officers.

No, conservation officers don’t bother me.

It is the department of “game and fish” that gets me. The title is just wrong.  A department of “fish and game” makes more sense.  It rolls off the tongue better.  And, hello, “f” is before “g” in the alphabet, so let us stick with that.

I am proud to say we have a Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks.  That seems in proper order to me – alphabetical order or not.

Sadly, our immediate neighbors, Wyoming and North Dakota, also have departments of game and fish.

You might expect that from North Dakota.   But Wyoming?

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment