Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Profile Picture

I swear, the simplest tasks are sometimes the ones that throw you off-track the most.

I need a profile picture of myself for an upcoming business-related project.

Simple, right?

Well, no.

To make a long story short, Desiree and I spent the better part of two hours bouncing around the house trying to find the best light and background, taking dozens of photographs in the process.  While we found good light in several rooms (I also have a couple photography lights I use when video recording online training), the backgrounds did not please us.

Eventually, we found the perfect background but in the absolute most difficult spot in the house; the den.

The den is difficult because it is presently filled from top to bottom with the furnishings from a bedroom we are remodeling.  After settling me in my office chair at my desktop computer, Desiree scrambled up into the pile of bedroom furniture – alongside a photography light we pitched there – to bracket a few images.

Following several runs at adjusting my position and changing the balance of lighting, Desiree finally captured an image we liked.



Me Amid Piles of Stuff



The Final Image

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment