Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, March 2, 2023

The Parrot

The Parrot Confectionary has been operating in downtown Helena since 1922.  What makes this especially interesting is that little has changed in the way the place operates.  The business remains family-owned and they still produce hand-made candies and chocolates.

By some weird twist of fate, my dentist has an office next to The Parrot.  The two places are close enough, you could easily throw rock from my dentist’s building and strike the building in which The Parrot is located.

That said, I am of a mind a rock should be chucked at my dentist instead, but that is a tale for another day.

Also, for some inexplicable reason, Desiree (who is normally without a clue as to her exact location in Helena), knows when we approach within six or seven blocks of The Parrot from any direction.

Yesterday, I took Desiree to her first appointment with my dentist.  Obviously, if we are close enough to throw a rock at The Parrot, Desiree knows where we are and we need to stop in to buy a few goodies.

I am fine with that.  It is the anti-dentist thing to do.



Desiree at The Parrot’s Candy Display

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment