Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

The Unknown Project

I am hard at work on a new project with Desiree.  The most interesting aspect of this project is that I have no idea what we are producing.  I am merely day-labor.  Desiree is in charge of design and manufacture and she is working on the fly on this one.

As a starting point, Desiree asked me to chainsaw two-inch-thick sections from a couple trunks of western juniper.  The shape, grain, and colors presented by juniper are wildly variant and always stunning.

Honestly, I don’t object to only providing labor.  Desiree rates a ten out of ten in terms of creativity.  I am excited to see what we make in the end.

I have posted three photographs of our early work.



Our Far-Flung Project Mess



A Juniper Cut



A Juniper Cut

Mitchell Hegman

2 comments: