Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, March 3, 2023

Taking Stock

My partner in an ongoing technical writing project doesn’t like me when I make late editorial changes.

The horses locked in small pens don’t appreciate me smiling in my happiness as I drive by them on my way home.

The frumpy clerk at Lowes is upset with me because of my recent defective product return.

Prabkeerat What’s-His-Face didn’t like me when I told him I understood less than half of what he said when I called for help with a computer.

But the chickadees living in the trees outside my door like me because I feed them crushed walnuts and having them liking me is enough to tip the balance in my favor.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment