Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Reading the Local News

Every day can’t be a good one.  Somebody famous didn’t have to wring out calculations to prove this to me.  I just know it instinctively.  

All day, ravens have been crashing hard against our sky of windblown clouds.  Greasy-birds, we have come to call them.   So annoying how they squawk.  And they flap too much.  A better bird would glide.

Yesterday I had an answer for everything.  The sun felt like my best pal’s arm over my shoulder.  I swear it did.  I wanted to prance a little.

Today I want to swallow a pretty rock so I might feel like there is something of worth inside me.

Foul weather.  The wrong teams winning.  And I don’t want to read another of those jarring obituaries carrying the names of people know.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment