Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, May 7, 2021

The Caulking Gun Problem

After recent scientific evaluations, it has been determined that caulking guns are the most readily displaced construction tool.  This is due to several factors, including: infrequent use, the ability to hang them on trusses and forget them, and a natural tendency to store them away in “catch-all” boxes.

Okay, I made-up the stuff you read in the paragraph above.  There has been no scientific study.  I merely expressed some observations from my own experiences.

At present, I think (not totally sure) I own something near eight caulking guns.  Posted at the end of this blog is a photograph of a new one I purchased a few months ago when I was unable to locate one at the house.  Not long after buying the new gun, I found one in a cabinet in my garage.  A bit later, another two turned up in closet storage bins.   I also have at least three caulking guns at my cabin.   And I just know I have more guns somewhere.

There is a maxim that goes something like this: “You can’t have too many __________.”  The idea here is to fill the blank with something good.  Caulking guns don’t qualify.



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment