Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

The Next Closest Thing to a War Zone

If you drove up to my home today, you might think you were entering a war zone.  At first glance, it appears as though a bomb blew up alongside my home’s southern exposure.  There is a big hole next to my house and a far-flung mess of dirt and building materials strewn across the ground around it.  Additionally, the stucco and brick veneer are missing from a chunk of my home near the raw earth.

It’s not a war.  It’s the next closest thing to it: construction.

This is the messiest and most disruptive part of my sunroom addition project.  At present, a contractor is helping me pour in place the concrete footings and foundation walls.  All bullwork.  Heavy stuff.  Dirt work.

I like it a lot.



Mini Excavator



The Excavation



Forms in Place



Concrete for the Footings

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment