Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Stealing Rocks

Stealing rocks is a thing.

Well, it’s a thing where I live.  My property, and that of my immediate neighbors, provides for an amazing array of pretty rocks.  I regularly pluck rocks from my neighbors’ ground as I wander around. Some of my neighbors pick up rocks from my property, too.   

This is expected behavior.

Yesterday, upon detecting some unusual motion outside at the front of my house, I found my neighbor, Kevin, loading rocks into a small trailer attached to his four-wheeler.  He wasn’t actually stealing them this time.  These were rocks displaced by the addition of my sunroom.   I had invited him to grab them some time ago. 

Just the same, I ran out front and yelled at him.  Following that, he invited himself inside for a drink.

“Okay,” I said.

Posted is a photograph of Kevin and the Guinness we shared.

A toast to lifting rocks!



Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment