Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Bitterroot Pairs

Some twenty or so years ago, as I picked up my camera and headed for the door at the sight of a five-alarm sunset, my wife asked: “Don’t you have enough sunset pictures?”

I stopped for a moment, considered.  “Nope,” I answered.  “That does not compute.”  I rushed out the front door and lifted my camera to the sky.

In the time since, I have taken hundreds more sunset photographs.  I never tire of dashing out to capture the next image.  Honestly, I can’t get enough.

The sky is my garden.

I have a similar obsession with wildflower photographs.  Every year, at the proper time of the season, I stumble out across various landscapes, bracketing images of this flower or that.

At present, I am circling around flourishes of bitterroot, our Montana state flower.  No two are alike.  Bitterroots offer shades of color ranging from nearly white to the deepest lavender.

They are always striking.

Posted are images of two pairs of bitterroots I found yesterday.


Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment