Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, June 19, 2021

A Faint Difference

Two weeks ago, I posted about placing three antique bottles in an ultraviolet light chamber I fashioned from an extra garbage bin in my garage. The idea is to push the process of turning the glass purple.  A few online sources I found suggested constantly bathing the bottles in ultraviolet light for four weeks would produce a lot of color.

Today, I have posted a photograph of the bottles before I placed them in the chamber and another photograph, for comparison, of the bottles following two weeks in the light.

The difference is, at best, faint.

No worries.  The way I have this figured; I can tolerate bottles and light in my garbage bin for weeks.  Months, if need be.  I am in it for the purple.



Bottles on Day One



Bottles After Two Weeks

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment