Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Shooting Knees

I strapped a game camera to a tree about twenty yards behind my cabin.  I must admit, I am slightly apprehensive about this.  Do I really want to know what’s running around out there?

It is probable I will catch the image of a grizzly bear.  Even more likely is the prospect of capturing the photo of a mountain lion.  But what if I snare the image of something weird, say, bigfoot, or Elvis dressed head to toe in camo and bowhunting in my woods?

And I also needed to consider placement. 

I opted to direct the camera toward a somewhat open area where I commonly see deer and occasionally find moose.  Of course, I am equally interested in smaller stuff, too.   Rabbits.  Weasels.  Wolverines.  Bobcats (Go MSU!).

I initially placed the camera about three feet off the ground, thinking I might be more apt to catch even the smallest blibot bouncing about.  Then, an hour or so after initially strapping the camera to the tree, I started imagining mostly shooting the knees of deer and elk and moose.

Jeez.

I snuck back to the camera and hiked it a bit higher up the tree.

I will be checking for results in a week or two.



Game Camera (On the Tree Centered in the Photograph)  

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment