Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, June 10, 2021

Two Views, One Flower

On an early morning walk down to the lake, I chanced upon an evening primrose.  We call them a gumbo lily in these parts.  As the proper name implies, the evening primrose blooms in the evening, stays open for but one night, and then wilts in the heat of the next day.  They rely on night-flying moths for pollination.

I consider finding a primrose in the morning the very best of luck.  They are big but quite fragile.

When I knelt down to capture an image, I discovered my phone was on selfie mode.  Normally this annoys me.  But this time I felt somewhat amused.  Just for fun, I thought I might try a photograph of me looking down at the flower and another of the flower looking up at me.



Evening Primrose



Me  

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment