Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, June 25, 2021

Okay

Following is a conversation I had when I sent a package off to Manila with an international shipper.

Agent: “What are you shipping?”

Me: “Mostly dry goods.  Some nuts.  Also, some homemade huckleberry jam.”

Agent: “Are you sure you are allowed to ship that?”

Me: “Your website indicated it was okay.  I have shipped the same stuff twice before.”

Agent (seemingly perturbed): “You can’t trust our website.”

Me (biting my lip): “Wait?  What?”

Agent (pivots to a computer and scours the untrustworthy website): “Mmmm…. Okay….”

Me: “Okay?”

Agent stares at me for a few seconds and then begins inputting my information into her system.

Me: “Ooooookay.”

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment