Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Ameca

Androids are be becoming convincingly humanlike.  I find this fascinating but, at the same time, my creepy sensor is starting to light up.

At present, a host of companies (think especially manufacturers of sex dolls) and research organizations are developing more and more realistic android models.

I am sharing a short video featuring Ameca, a robot produced by Engineering Art, a company based in the United Kingdom.  Even though the developers of Ameca purposely avoided giving “her” more realistic skin in an effort to maintain the sense she is not human, she represents the leading edge of android development.

Her facial features are uncanny.

Mitchell Hegman

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUceraK5LU

2 comments:

  1. Watch this: https://youtu.be/1hHfoB4mSrQ

    I know you are not a programmer, but this is a little scary (for me as a programmer who might want a job!) I believe I could ask for a program to select stocks based upon some current machine learning algorithm that takes me days to perfect, and this would do it minutes along with documentation necessary to understand it.

    ReplyDelete