Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, January 2, 2023

Just Yesterday

I have never enjoyed a prodigious memory.  My memory, by way of comparison, is the equivalent of a tire with a slow leak.

Having now reached what I shall describe (generously) as my mature years, my memory has collected into one big heap from which I now retrieve random snippets that lack clear “time and date marks.”  Whether a memory is from five or twenty-five years ago is largely indistinguishable for me.  Nearly everything I recall with any clarity “feels” as if it happened just yesterday.

Weirdly enough, I don’t necessarily see the lack of time slots for my remembrances as a curse.  Sometimes, I feel a particular warmth in recalling my more pleasurable experiences as all happening just yesterday.  

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment