Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, January 30, 2023

Good Is the New Bad

Huckleberry jam and cheesecake are at the top of my list when it comes to treats.  A couple days ago, Desiree made a cheesecake with swirls of our homemade huckleberry jam and a crust of crumbled Belvita blueberry breakfast biscuits.  I nibbled at a slice of the cheesecake when Desiree sampled it for the first time an hour or so after pulling it from the oven.

The taste proved otherworldly good.

And that’s bad.

For the last dozen years, my weight fluctuated up and down by no more than two pounds.  Since the arrival of Desiree (and her good food), I’ve packed-on something near five pounds.

Good is the new bad when it comes to my diet, and I’ve been fighting the urge to eat the entire cheesecake ever since I tasted it.



Desiree’s Huckleberry Swirl Cheesecake

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment