Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Friday, January 13, 2023

Knock on Wood

I am known for having the dropsies.  In my younger days, when my generation promoted regular house parties, a party was not truly considered underway until I dropped a beer or drink to the floor.  On more than one occasion, the sight of me dropping a drink elicited cheers from partygoers.  When washing dishes, eating, or working with tools, I tended to drop one thing or another before finishing.

Those days are not entirely gone, but I have moved on to regularly fumbling new materials.   Currently, my day isn’t complete until I drop my smartphone or a sharp knife.

I have stabbed my floor on a few occasions, but, weirdly enough, I have never broken the screen on my phone.

Knock on wood. 

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment