Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Monday, January 16, 2023

Weird Loops of Thought

I woke twice last night and experienced difficulty in falling back to sleep because my mind entered into weird loops of thought.

The first time I woke, I got to thinking about an acquaintance and his son.  When it struck me, I couldn’t remember the son’s name, my mind began scrambling about seeking his name.

Pretty soon, I was flailing about in names: Roger?  Nick? Nickolous?  Mike?   Curt?  Curtis?  Bill?

Eventually, I settled on “F… you Ralphy” and fell asleep.

The second time I woke, I fell into imagining how someone could kidnap me and make me eat foods I don’t like.

Mustard!

Cantaloupe!

Hot peppers!

Dammit!

Mitchell Hegman

1 comment: