Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Mongolian Metal

In a moment, you will experience what happens when a band from the Steppes of Mongolia merges traditional music with metal.

The Hu Band formed in 2016 and has seen great success since.  A couple years ago, they reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Hard Rock Digital Song Sales Chart.

Songs by the Hu feature both traditional instruments and throat singing.  The song posted today is a simple, yet powerful construct.  I am convinced this is one of those music adventures you will either love immediately or dislike at once.  

Reading the comments below the song is also entertaining.  Here are a couple examples:

Skexzies

“This song makes me want to Drink Blood, Ride Horses, and Conquer the World with an Axe.  Odd feeling since I'm 82 and use a walker to shuffle about! "

Jayson Raphael Murdock

“I played this for my dog, he's now a werewolf.”

Mitchell Hegman

Source:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc

3 comments:

  1. I love these guys. The Legend of Mother Swan is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jayson! I’m so tired of the insipid drivel on the American music scene now. This is for warriors, not simps with one day beards.

    ReplyDelete