Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Quick Note to Desiree

I know we remain a half-world apart, but you are behind every door I open and around every corner I turn.  There is no escaping you, my dear.

The essence of you is the essence of me.

When you tell me, over the wires, you have given the last of your spare change to the destitute old woman at the graveyard, I feel myself melting into your compassion.  I am lifted by your laughter and carried by the softest of your tones when we talk.

Somehow, standing here on my mountaintop in the Northern Rocky Mountains, I am also solidly with you there on your island in the South Pacific.

Christmas may yet hold us apart, but you will be here for the first stemless daisy to bloom in my spring.  There is no stopping us now.

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment