Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Sunday, October 31, 2021

The Small Salma Hayek

In the late 1990s, Salma Hayek spent three years in my garage.  I wanted to keep her in the house but my wife wouldn’t allow for it.

I am not talking about the actress herself.  I am talking about a life-sized cardboard cutout.  Had it been the real Salma Hayek, I would have pleaded much harder to allow her inside the house.

Knowing I had something of a crush on her, a friend of mine managed to find the life-sized cutout of Salma Hayek and gave it to me.  I must admit, finding Salma standing there in my garage each time I came home from work was not unpleasant.  But during one of my spring-cleaning binges, I pitched Salma out along with some scraps of lumber and a trash bag filled with floor sweepings and rags.

Sorry, Salma.  And I especially apologize for the way I folded you up and stomped you flat.

Well, I have great news!  

Salma Hayek arrived at my house again the other day.  She is smaller this time—small enough that I found her in my mail.  She is gracing the cover of my AARP Magazine.

Since I am presently living alone and nobody is the boss of me, Salma will be staying inside the house this time around.



Together Again

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment