Photography And Half-Thoughts By Mitchell Hegman

...because some of it is pretty and some of it is not.

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Hearing Problem

I have been fighting a severe infection in my left ear for over a week.  The infection created a great deal of what I can only describe as pressure inside my head.  For a time, it felt is if a golf ball was stuffed in my ear.  Even now, five days into taking antibiotics, the pressure in my head is such that both ears have been impacted and I cannot hear very well.

Fighting my ear infection made my think about a story from my friend Bill.  Bill’s wife, after constantly being forced to repeat things to him or having to yell to get his attention, talked him into scheduling a hearing test.

Following the test, Bill’s wife asked how it went.

“You’re not going to like what the doctor said,” Bill answered.

“Why not?” his wife queried.

“The doctor said my hearing is perfect.  Apparently, I am just ignoring you.”

Mitchell Hegman

No comments:

Post a Comment